View Single Post
Old 04-04-07, 05:54 PM
Smitty77

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aspartame = Leg Swelling

Let me first start by saying I am 29, had some leg swelling a few years back after a surgery for a while which went away and I am on pills for high cholesterol, blood pressure, weak thyroid and yeah I am a mess. Hoping biking will get me feeling better!

I noticed about 3 weeks ago my legs are selling again and have gotten worse, I work at a computer 13 hours a day and they are usually the worst after I finish my shift. If I pop a water pill on my day off to release some of the water being retained and chill for a day then some of the swelling and pain stops.

I called my Dr who did not seem overly concerned but made an appt for me as soon as one was available (at that time a month away, now a week away)

I have been trying to figure out any changes I could have made since my legs started swelling and I only thing I really have done is switched to diet soda, I have heard all the bad things about aspartame in the past but always figured the bad in it was better than all the sugar.

So I have been searching the net for a while and leg swelling (Water retention) seems to be one of the many horrible things complain about getting from it.

Tomorrow I am going to go my first day without any diet soda (or soda at all) and see if it helps. I might just go straight water if I can and maybe I will see a change??

Just wondering if anyone here has had side effects from this stuff before, after reading the net for a while seems like some nasty stuff though I take everything I read online with a grain of salt