Old 07-21-20, 05:55 AM
Phatman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin****t
. tbh I am actually concerned about is my shifters and derailers getting damaged/broken in a crash. I plan on letting small gaps open up by a few feet in corners and I want to try and take the outside for cornering. Aka If it means I have to put in a small effort out of corners it is fine because I will still be upright.
If you do this, you won’t have to worry about being taken out in a crash because you will be riding by yourself off the back of the group.

Corner at the speed of the guy in front of you, following their line. I know that’s tricky advice in the Cat5s because most people suck at handling bikes in that category, but if they make it though, it’s unlikely that you won’t. Don’t look at your bike computer when cornering. Or really at all. I think the only time it’s acceptable to look at your computer is on a solo break, but even that’s questionable.

As for training prep, take it easy the week before, do a couple shorter efforts with good recovery the day before and remember to warm up well before the race.