Montedino

Bikes: Bertin, Ross Mt Hood; Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Peugot Reynolds 531

Hi Everyone.

I came across this Peugot today and wonder whether a) it's worth the $375 asking price b) it's a great bike. I've posted below a few of the pics on, and the link to, the Facebook listing.

My concerns are:
  1. I'm not sure which model the bike is. I know next to nothing about Peugots (despite reading a couple posts here on BikeForums)
  2. If it truly has Reynolds 531 tubes, then why does one of the labels say "Inoxidable(?)", which I think means stainless steel, correct?
  3. I'm considering checking out a Bottechia and a Ross Signature tourer, both of which I linked to in recent posts this week. I know the Ross' value but:
    1. how would this Peugot compare to the Ross and Bottecchia (brazed instead of lugged) in terms of riding enjoyment?
    2. Is the Bottecchia worth the price?
    3. Which model Campy are the components (I'm familiar with Shimano but, clearly, not Campy - yet) on the Bottecchia?
Apologies for the multiple posts as of late. However, each of these bikes are ~1.5 hours away and, unfortunately, I have very little free time. I've saved up and want something really special. Therefore, if you would help me steer clear of lemons, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0-dbcfa864d378