Old 05-22-22, 11:26 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,928 Times in 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Fattic
Here are some dimensions to help your design. Ideally with a 1 1/8” down tube, those letters are about 25 mm tall. This size depends on the font and how many letters long are used. And whether they are all upper case or lower case or both. It can be really helpful to make both the drive and non-drive side graphics as one unit. That makes placing them straight on the frame much easier – especially if you have center marks between the 2 names. Your chosen name will not be directly on the side but rather rotated up because you don’t look at the frame directly on its side but rather down at it. It should be obvious that those 2 names of your choosing are placed back to back and how much space is in between is determined by your font size.

This student's 1st and last name started with a Y and used that letter when he carved his lugs and created his seat decal.

Traditional name placement

This student used more creative graphics. The down tube name "Red Beard" was his brand name placed on top of the DT and then he put his own name on the seat tube.

This student put used Vietnamese letters on one side and Roman letters on the other

Trillium flowers were the inspiration for her lug design and paint scheme. She put her name on one side and mine on the other. Her seat lug decal is mine. She put "Trillium" in small letters on the chain stay.
These are beautiful!! The one with the Hellenic stays is particularly dreamy. Where is your shop?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk