View Single Post
Old 07-11-22, 02:54 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10965 Post(s)
Liked 7,492 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by TheFort
I'm still looking around! Can't quite find what I'm looking for...all the rims seem to have garish logos on them. Does any manufacturer besides Hunt have a nice minimalist logo that isn't an eyesore? It seems impossible to find a rim that's lightweight and not garish. I wish cycling would move away from the garish thing. The Hunt wheels I did try, and they are the noisiest rim I ever rode, so I had to return them. I guess I don't like good pawl engagement. I ride at night a lot, and the noise really sucks when you're out for peace and quiet.

I'm looking for:

1. Lightweight
2. Minimal to zero noise
3. Not garish looking logo

I might be looking for a unicorn!
Thanks
You were initially looking for just a lightweight rim. Now it seems you are looking for a full lightweight wheelset since rims dont make noise.
Call prowheelbuilder.com and tell them what you want and ask for some options. They handbuild wheels with seemingly endless combinations of hub, spoke, and rim.

Also, if you dont want the hub to make noise, dont stop pedaling. <--easy answer.
Likes For mstateglfr: