Old 06-04-21, 06:13 PM
AnthonyG

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3450 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 289 Posts
Originally Posted by willhub
I'm measuring setback with a plum line, so if the setback is 100% the same the center of gravity will be 100% the same despite one bike having longer top tube?
If the setback measured with a plumb line is the same and you have positioned the handlebars the same with a shorter stem then yes, your balance over the BB is the same.
"Fit" is all about your balance over the BB but yes your balance over the wheels can be different, and you can prefer one over the other, yet I'm not calling this a "fit" issue.

Originally Posted by willhub
To me after some testing it seems the best balance is when my setback is at such a point I'm 1cm behind KOPS.
At this if I lift my hands off the bars I don't fall forward my cadence doesn't increase drastically and I don't seem to slip forward.
But I'm concerned that been 1cm behind this KOPS perhaps may effect my power output, it certainly does accelerating.
Unsure about hills
My experience is that being behind KOPS puts me in a more comfortable position but it DOES effect my power output. This is why KOPS is considered a compromise position between power and comfort.