View Single Post
Old 07-27-18, 02:04 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
Another ~40-mile ride around Saint Paul, with a stop to visit Dad.

The route I chose was mostly MUP alongside the Mississippi, with some nice artwork along the Saint Paul waterfront.

A little shadow-play in one of the overlooks across from Fort Snelling.

On the Wabasha Bridge.

And a final shot in my front yard.

Some may notice that I have swapped out the black wheels and tires for polished alloy and tan sidewalls. This is because I couldn't get the S-A 3-speed to work properly. I'm going to have to rebuild it this winter, but I'm too busy now during the riding season. So it wears the S-A SRF-5 drivetrain from my Raysport Turismo Roadster now, and that bike will be getting a Shimano Deore derailleur drivetrain as soon as I have time to put it together.

I love the look of your bike. Is the head tube cream color, or kind of goldish? Was that a stock color scheme, or your own invention? Great looking bike! I built mine from an abused frame, spray painted pea soup green. I used a a Toyota Spruce Mica, BRG, with a little gold flake. I considered doing my headtube in cream, but decided on gold outlined lugs instead. I see you have both. Is your seat tube the same as the head tube, or white? Heres my '73.

Last edited by Slightspeed; 07-27-18 at 02:07 PM.