Old 08-19-21, 04:09 PM
byhsu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
It's not always easy to answer the question about comparability but sometimes going to the manufacturer's website you can glean enough information. https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/produ...M3100-SGS.html This shows that this particular RD will work with a 36 tooth cassette. Are you looking for an indexed bar end? You need to be sure whatever you buy has the right pull ratio for this Shadow series 9 speed RD.

Sometimes it is possible to get a workaround for what you want to do. My recumbent trike had SRAM X7 drive components and I wanted to switch to a Shimano Deore RD. I followed some advice on the Sheldon Brown website to find a compatible RD and modified it with a longer "b" screw as they suggested. I did have to replace the SRAM bar end shifters with Shimano Dura Ace bar end shifters. It was a rather expensive conversion but I would still do it again.
Remember, changing the drive train to 9 or 10 speed means you will have to buy a compatible chain too.
how do i find this pull ratio for the Alivio Derailleur? i didn't see anything on the link provided or the manual on the link.

I will probably be using MicroShift downtube or bar end shifters 9 speed indexed. I have settled on a 9 speed cassette 11-36: 11, 13, 15, 18, 21, 24, 28, 32, 36

Thank You