View Single Post
Old 08-26-20, 10:36 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10436 Post(s)
Liked 11,913 Times in 6,101 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry2
You guys are more brave than I...
Nothing but indoors for me (East Bay). Visibility has been down to 1-2 hundred yards.
I inadvertently spec'ed an electrostatic air filter for my home A/C when installed. Best accidental purchase ever !

Barry
A lot depends on where you live. The afternoon winds seem to clear out the Peninsula first, starting at SF and working down. But on a couple days, like yesterday, the San Mateo area East of the Crystal Springs gap clears before the areas north and south. Then again, in the mornings when the smoke is building up again, San Mateo leads that trend, too.

This is right now. I've given up on morning rides, because it's been like this or worse every morning. But most afternoons, it clears out. You can see how San Mateo has the worst air on the Bay side of the Peninsula, and worst right where I'd be riding if I headed over to Canada Road.

Monday I had to take my son to his job in Menlo Park, then head from Menlo Park to Brisbane for my work. The absolute worst smoke, like "Pittsburgh Smoke Days" bad, was North of Edgewood and south of Burlingame.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles