View Single Post
Old 05-31-10, 01:34 PM
Fir

Bikes: Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Pretty geometry.

Didn't dawn on me at first that the front bars control the steering too. That might be confusing

I guess to put a little one on there, you could mount a seat someplace partway down the front seattube and little handlebars affixed to the loopy downtube. With such a view they would not require a DVD player. And their C of G would be low for nice stability when you are jumping on and off etc. The front seat tube wouldn't bend with that extra brace there. Wonder what the whole thing weighs. Pretty geometry. Eye catching.

I just recieved a CCM Galaxy with arched seatstays and loop frame - must be mid sixties. They had their own way of putting things together hey? Rear tire says 28 x 1&5/8 x 1&3/8. I think it might make a nice steed for Mrs Fir if it was altered to a 3 spd AW hub and given something in the way of brakes somehow. This might invoke my first lacing project... Hope it doesn't go like my first truing project...