Old 09-09-21, 04:57 PM
SirLeaflock

Bikes: Schwinn World Tourist, Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I have a Surly Big Dummy that I carry up to 3 kids on, or recently 2 kayaks. I've been meaning to log in for a while now to answer you and suggest looking at a Bullitt. I've gotten the impression the pedal powered version works really well if cost is an issue. The Douze mentioned above looks like a great choice though, especially with the easy ability to break it down to 2 pieces. If you want your kids covered, I can't imagine being happy with anything but a front loader. If size, weight and ease of storage or maneuverability trump that, though, you might find the Bike Friday Haul-a-day, or especially if easily transporting 1 kid is your main need the Ever-E-Day intriguing. If I hadn't come upon an affordable opportunity to build up a Big Dummy at The Cargo Bike Shop in Madison, WI, we would likely have a Haul-a-Day now. It's adjustable, so your kiddo could ride it themselves before too long even! I haven't ridden any front loaders, but the Urban Arrow does look like a beast in person to me. I find myself wishing I had some place to store a Bullitt, though :-)
Likes For SirLeaflock: