View Single Post
Old 04-02-06, 03:59 AM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
My comment was tongue-in-cheek ( and probably a little tasteless). The Dean has excellent detail and the welds are superb. I just wanted a British Racing Green metallic Steel bike and was talked into this frame by the builder, so I went for a 1/2 paint job which is satisfying that need.
I collected my components as well and built my wheels from scratch as I have done for the last 50 years of riding 10 spds. Makes riding that much more soulful. I have 3 lugged steel bikes, a lugged bianchi pista, an Ionic (columbus FOCO tigged), and a second Dean all Ti (to be built up as a touring bike). I love riding and at 63 I still manage 4 to 5K per year. The majority of my riding is on the Dean. Super comfortable and the Carbon seat stays and front fork give it a ride like the Lexus.
Like all the bikes posted on this site. Beautiful AND great component gruppos. Good riding.