Shuffleman

Bikes: Colnago CLX,GT Karakoram,Giant Revel, Kona Honk_ Tonk

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smarkinson
Bike curious?
Only if it is a De Rosa. That may do it.
Originally Posted by NYMXer
shuffleman, you wrote:

"I truly did not realize it was my helmet until the last stage. At that point I adjusted it. The next question is, if it takes me that long to figure it out, why bother wearing the helmet. It clearly isn't protecting much."

A cycling helmet protects your brain, so I'd say that's a lot. It does so while allowing air circulation and ventilation. I wouldn't ride without one and while mountain biking Sunday, I went over the bars and broke my helmet. I was glad I had it on, it did it's job because it's better to break open the helmet than your skull. I already have a new helmet and will wear it.

Last thought about your original question, I'm thinking maybe your helmet was too loose and moved around ever so slightly?
I was only joking about not wearing a helmet. It was my way of saying that there is not much to protect in the way of a brain since I did not think of adjusting it. I do not think that the helmet was too loose. I honestly think that it may be border line too tight. When I got dehydrated perhaps I bloated a little causing the helmet to dig in to my cranium at those two contact points. Either way, my "horns" are now gone and all is good.