Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Not true......at all. Where did you get that from?

Eating carbs on a long ride is essential.
I totally agree with that part. Though I drink mine. I put all my carbs in my bottles. No wrappers to fall out of my pockets to pollute the scenery. I seldom eat on rides of any length other than the organized rides where each stop does its own food theme it just seems impolite to ignore their offerings.

A keto fat adapted kind of rider just needs fewer calories from carbs. I rarely needed more than 150 calories carbs per hour on a long, hard ride. Eating no carbs on a long hard ride is really stupid.
Well I have noticed that the Keto diet has toned down a lot of it's more stringent requirements and actually looks more sensible. However most of the keto spouting people I've run into seem to think any carbs any time and any amount are bad. But that's from people I knew 15 years ago. Supposedly the first carb a person consumes ruins everything for a while.

I don't think there is anything special about keto diets that is going to make a person perform better over any other person. That is going to come from simply riding a lot.

If a person is interested in improving their riding performance, out of all the diets, keto will still be on the bottom of my list. However, if a person is okay with using carbs while they are riding, then I really don't care what diet one does while off the bike. My friends of 15 years ago would think you not doing keto if you intentionally consumed extra carbs over and above what you can't avoid.