View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 05:34 AM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
The drawback of this front mounting solution is the weight limit of 7kg (which is the total front weight, including the weight of the bag).

For the Brompton front block its 10kg what makes a difference of more than 50% in net transportable weight (such bags topically weight 1.5 to 2kg, so its 5 to 5.5kg load for the Tern solution vs. 8 to 8.5kg for the Brompton front block).
Thanks for that. Here I was talking about the quality of the bag for folks that have the Dahon front block and the Tern Luggage Truss. And you inject the irrelevant and tired Brompton is better bit. So what? Where does Brompton come into the picture? What if I don't need to carry more than 7kg? What if, in this case, the bag and its contents (laptop, reading glasses, keys, cell phone and TWS earbuds) come to 4kg, well below the limit? But yeah, you're right. I should ignore the fact that this fits my needs already, ignore all other benefits, advantages and sunk costs of what I own, sell everything and get me a bike with a Brompton front block? Oh wait, I already have!

We won't discuss the heavy markup of Brompton and Brompton front block items, and the fact that there is no bag of the same quality, function and price for the Brompton front block as the Tern Go-to Bag for the Tern Luggage Truss.

Last edited by Ron Damon; 08-04-22 at 09:23 PM.
Likes For Ron Damon: