rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,644 Times in 2,922 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
It looks like those are the Myopia inserts. Right? From what I saw i assume you need to have them ground to your prescription by your optician. It has been decades, but when I dealt with that the local ones were not helpful. Was that an issue for you? I wound up buying glasses that sold inserts that were already ground to specific diopter values like drug store reading glasses. That worked out okay (I wore them on a coast to coast tour and a bunch of other riding) until I later had some Project Rudys made for me.

In recent years I have been wearing some regular glasses with large lenses that give good coverage and stay up well. The transitions coating has sufficed in lieu of real sunglasses.

At one point I had two identical pairs of avaitor frames one with a dark tint and one clear and I just switched between them depending on the activity and weather.

I may revisit all this when I next get an eye exam if there is a change in my prescription.
I took the inserts to my optical shop along with my most recent prescription and told them (gasp) bi-Focals, so I can read the map apps when needed. For about $65 I got the new lenses but without all the usual add-ons like anti-glare, scratch resistant, etc.

My wife wears her oversized (current trend) prescription sunglasses and they work fine, but she doesn’t have dry eye.