Old 06-14-20, 05:00 AM
trainsktg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Not quite a zombie thread yet, so I thought I’d throw my $0.02 in here after reading through most of these pages.

I just got my first BF bike, a 2005 Pocket Rocket Pro, and I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that BF probably has a leg up on just about every other folding bike manufacturer out there, and that is the Pocket Rocket, their original bike.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of hard core roadie cyclists world wide who struggle to find ways to bring their bikes with them on extended business trips. I did and do. I’ve been looking for something for two years to fill this need and the thought until now of my riding a Brompton-like bike with power meter pedals and wearing a HR strap to maintain a training schedule just wasn’t generating a positive mental image. That problem is now solved. I live in Portland and I’d never even heard of Bike Friday until two months ago when I ran across my new bike on a local Craigslist. One test ride later and it was mine; it is an amazing bike.

I would venture to say that an aggressive advertising campaign to re-market their most unique product line, a drop bar folding bike that otherwise replicates the controls and ride of a normal road bike, would guarantee a surge of sales that they would be hard pressed to keep up with.

Keith

Likes For trainsktg: