Old 08-15-22, 05:05 PM
Ron Damon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 567 Times in 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Jipe
Again the same type of simplistic reasoning taking into account only the price !

Both Brompton and Bike Friday are designed and made (not only assembled) in a western country with workers paid a decent wage. Both bikes have a sophisticated design, not a simplistic middle frame folding hinge.

Then, both companies offer a real customer after sale support including for Brompton bikes sold in the EU two year full warranty and a wide network of resellers where customers can try the bikes and have their bike maintained. For Bike Friday, you have a wide choice of components and the Bike is almost custom built for you.
Both manufacturers offer a wide range of accessories for their bike (that some Chinese manufacturers also use or copy like the Brompton front luggage block and bags).

If for instance you buy an FNHON frame, its made by workers with an ultra low salary, you cannot test it, you receive a frame without any specification of which components will fit on it, no after sale support, no warranty (don't tell me that you can ship it back to China, its way too slow and expensive).

Other Asiatic manufacturers like Tern also offer sophisticated bikes with lots of accessories, but these aren't cheaper than Bike Friday and Brompton.
What part of "I don't need...all that" did you not understand?

​​​​​And seeing the problems the company is in, it looks that I am far from the only one. The BF model is spent, played out, as has been argued by others here.