Old 08-15-22, 06:13 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
I don't. That's precisely my point. That one reason why I buy neither BF nor Brompton.

By the same token, if you are buying a bike to get a sense of group belonging and join an in-group (as is often the case with these "exclusive" bikes), you too have problems.

Not surprised about the Brompton owners where you are. Quite predictable actually.
If you're thinking BF owners buy them for some sense of group whatever, I think you are mistaken. Aside from my own purchase which was totally because I needed a special fitment and also wanted to customize my components as well as buy USA made as much as possible, most BF buyers want bikes that are easy to travel with (easy packing) that ride like regular bikes. Brompton doesn't offer a small wheel quality roadie bike - in fact I am not sure anyone actually does besides BF (Pocket Rocket Pro). They've branched out into city bikes and cargo bikes in order to keep the business going but first and foremost they are great riding bikes. Fold always comes second with a BF. The typical BF buyer purchases because the bike offers something they can't get elsewhere and/or they really want to support a US business. BF doesn't have events and groups like Brompton, it's not remotely close to being a social thing, lol. We can't even get them to make a tee shirt!!!