Old 07-13-21, 12:13 AM
sdn40

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by ShannonM
That's an Aegis. The weird seatpost binder gives it away.

If I had to guess its original badging, I'd go with a Trek 5000, just because that was the most common in the US. Plus, you're in Wisconsin. There was an Aegis-made PDG Paramount, too, if memory serves.

I'm not aware of any Look-branded Aegis frames. My understanding is that the first Look carbon frames were made by TVT, later ones in-house, but our resident Look experts could tell you for sure.

--Shannon
You're the man. Thanks. Kinda makes me think the seller was hiding the origin - but I'm only in it for $200 (I can make that back in parts I don't need) so no worries there. The paint is excellent and my intention was to build a 2x9 and I guess I don't see any reason not to do just that. Just starting the research thanks to your help. Interesting stuff

1990 Profile For Speed Air Raid:Profile for Speed was mostly known for their bicycle parts but they did dabble in frames as well. Aegis had worked with Trek on some of their early carbon bikes and decided to go their own way due to some disagreements over construction techniques. They offered some private label frames to several companies including Profile. Nice looking frame with internal cable routing and a clean seat binder arrangement. Components are mostly Shimano 105 and 600 from the era.

Last edited by sdn40; 07-13-21 at 12:21 AM.