View Single Post
Old 10-11-20, 07:54 PM
grizzly907la
Grouchy Old man

Bikes: Diamond Back Insight 2, Gravity Basecamp mountain bike, GMC Denali Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RggBee
My mom want to join my in my cycling routine. Las time she had a bike was in her teenage years, which was more than 40 years ago, she is 61 now. What I'm worrying about she has knee pains sometimes, doctor's say it's nothing terrible but I'm not sure how safe would it be for her knees to cycle after such a huge gap. Maybe she would need some knee support or something.
I have bad knees. They sound like the Rice Krispies (snap, crackle and pop,) Trio when I walk up a flight of stairs. Chalk it up to my stint in the Navy. I also have a bad ankle/foot from a running accident. Bike riding is low impact for the knees. I don't know her particulars but I would suggest glucosamine/condroidin supplement. A neoprene knee support can work wonders. I would urge losing weight if she's overweight (I don't know if she is or not, but throwing it in there.) Losing 15-20 lbs can make a huge difference...trust me, I know, because I'm a Clydesdale. She could also do some light stretching as well. I would take it easy with her, and let build herself up.

Kudo's to your mother, for wanting to start riding again. It's never too late to start!
Likes For grizzly907la: