Old 11-01-18, 07:58 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,492 Times in 7,316 Posts
Originally Posted by motosonic
Nice! You should do a review of these once you've tried them out. I've been contemplating a pair of glasses with the inserts, but hesitant to try.
Wore them during my 1.75 mile commute this morning. Really like them. They are comfortable and really light. Despite looking into the sun a couple of times they really cut down the glare. They don't darken as fast I imagined they would, but I am fine with that because I don't like really dark glasses unless it's blindingly light out. The distance and reading portions are perfectly sized for me. I only need the latter to read cue sheets and the computer. I do need to pop out the insert and give it a good wiping since it was handled so much during the fitting process.

I had been using a cheap quality (though not inexpensive) set from China. The corner of one side of the insert broke after only a couple of years. Got a second pair and the same thing happened in about the same time frame. Also, on both pairs the surfaces of the inserts and the lenses seemed to degrade over time.