Old 10-18-22, 06:28 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2737 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by fks
Hi DJB
The Frame is a custom frame from BOBO Cycles, Tyres are Schwalbe Marathon 26 x 2.125, I have tried the Jones Bars,(had them on the bike for 2 years) but they were not for me. I have Ergon Grips on the bars and they were excellent for wrist support as are the bar-ends, old school I know but it works for me., I was carrying about 20 litres of water in the photo, most of it in the extrawheel along with 4 days of food.
oh, I thought they look wider than 2.1's. I've not toured on the Jones bars yet, but I can see how a slightly less angle than their 45 or whatever they are could be good too. If you tried them for 2 years, heck thats ample of a tryout. I too have some ergon grips like yours, with bar ends, have them on my winter bike, and like them--but then again, I rode with old school bar ends going back 20 years or so and really like the hand position change they give.
wow, 20 litres, that's nothing to sneeze at, 20kgs extra.
Don't know how wide tires your Bobo can take, but wider can certainly be better for some conditions, and fatbikes are a real larf to ride. It still makes me laugh at what I can ride over sometimes, but mostly use it on snow in our Canadian winter.
cheers