View Single Post
Old 10-21-22, 04:00 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked 4,833 Times in 2,988 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Do they measure to the beginning or center or the end of the bar, for instance. Reach to the bar is what matters most in my case. It could be merely a question of having to buy a $400 cockpit from them post-sale to a bike that will not fit. After lots of review of the data presented, it was clear there were two errors that they made, so, I contacted to ask a simple question of how do they define Reach+. The fact that they could not respond directly and continually give me a song and dance to a simple question? Terrible service. Don't bother trying to inform me otherwise.
You obviously had a poor experience when contacting Canyon, but the info you wanted above is very easily found:-

eg. quote from Canyon product engineer:- "Reach+ describes the horizontal distance from the bottom bracket to the CENTRE of the handlebar tops." Seems pretty clear to me although Canyon do fail to state this simple definition on their geometry charts!

Before I bought my Endurace I compared its geometry with my current bike using GeometryGeeks and poked around on the Canyon website and other sources of info (forums, reviews etc) to find out all the info I needed. There were no surprises on the resultant fit measurements. The bike itself is great and rode perfectly right out of the box. I did double check the drivetrain setup before riding (Canyon included the SRAM factory alignment tool) and it was all spot on. Over the last few thousand km the only thing I've had to adjust is the headset preload, which is not that unusual for a new bike.
Likes For PeteHski: