View Single Post
Old 11-28-22, 09:29 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
I bought and built up a nice comfortable, lightweight carbon fiber bike for my spouse who has taken to ride quite a lot in the past few years. Probably as many times per week as me, maybe not as long or far, but a lot. I thought she deserved a very nice bike and since she's small, a reasonably light one.

Therefore, didn't expend any points for the 96 Litespeed F&F I bought for myself the same summer. How to render into mathematical notation when N+1 does not change S-1 if N+1=S-1? Maybe N+1 <= S-1? I do know that my N will always > her N. That's a given. Unless I pre-decease her. I think we can all agree that N+1 is a universal truth, while S-1 is unknown. Haven't studied math in 45 years so I'm really getting into the weeds here.

Then, since she needed a better fitting decent all-arounder (AKA "gravel") bike for our traveling, in and out of the pickup bed constantly, with wide-ish versatile tires for all around rail-trail, dirt path, and pavement use, and since we had stimulus checks and by-god "if not now, when" attitude at my age, I bought a nice titanium F&F to build up for her, and of course one for myself. In the mean time I sold her ill-fitting cross-turned-gravel bike and gave mine of the same genre to my son-in-law who is a MTB and fat bike enthusiast.

I KNOW there's mathematicians lurking herein, please chime in.

Last edited by Camilo; 11-28-22 at 09:39 PM.