Old 08-27-20, 10:41 AM
FujiSam

Bikes: '72 Fuji Newest, '79 Fuji Royale Gravel Grinder; '84 Schwinn High Sierra BMX Cruiser; '97 Huffy Tremor BMX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 51 Posts
Love the DXs! I have a pair on my 1984 Schwinn High Sierra BMX conversion and I absolutely love them. Powder coated white By far my favorite pedal in terms of feel and grip. I had to rebuild them, too since the original axles were roached. I'm sure there's a more elegant way, but I eventually just made a small incision right in the middle of the cap and used a flathead to pop them off, then sealed it up with a small dab of glue after reassembling. The pedals take a beating anyway, so I didn't care too much! I swapped the cro-mo axles from a clearance set of resin pedals and was even able to use the smaller bearings in the crank-side cups for a little more smoothness (did not fit properly in the outboard cups).

I'm also a fan of the regular old Wellgo LU-487s that came rebranded on every basic bike for a couple decades. I rode them on my Huffy Tremor until I recently went to square taper and put on some Odyssey Triple Traps, which I just mangled on a 20mi trail day haha! Slid of the side of the trail right into a tree lol. Really great platform on those though, disperses the pressure nicely.

Squashed Triple Trap. I call them Texas toast pedals b/c they're so thick!

Original Wellgo DX knock-offs on the Huffy

I also ride these Free Agent DX knock-offs, but with removable pins.

Last edited by FujiSam; 08-29-20 at 07:52 AM.
Likes For FujiSam: