Old 06-25-21, 11:04 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,578 Times in 910 Posts
Well, as long as we're here:
[size=14px]Previous research has found that when people are asked about their physical activity, they tend to overstate the amount they do. To provide a more objective measure, participants wore tracking devices called accelerometers on their waists for a week. The devices measured the wearers' energy expenditure and step count. Researchers also measured participants' weight, height and body fat. After an initial exam, participants were asked to return one year and two years later.
It also states that the fittest (Ghana) also had the lowest weights at an average of 136 pounds, but neglects to mention the body composition of the study participants at any stage of the study.

At a stubborn 6 foot & 190 pounds (16 pounds less weight & a few inches taller than the average North American male) I can assure you 17% Body fat is a lot healthier than the same weight at 35% body fat of any height.

...& then there is the activity profile of the various participants. Accumulated intensity minutes of a Ghanan from walking 6-8 hours per day, every single day just to exist is going to yield a different physiological response than a guy in Iowa or Chicago (or wherever) lifting weights for an accumulated 30 minutes in a 2 or 3 hour gym session 3 days a week.[/size]

It's good to know that per the OP's assertion there is no corrolation between weight & exercise. At 3500+ calories a day (true, per My Fitness Pal) I guess I can quit exercise, & eat all I want. Maybe my all time high of 250 pounds & 1 meal per day as a sedentary truck driver was just a fluke?

Moderators shelbyfv , cb400bill This thread has drifted enough. Time to close?