Old 07-23-21, 06:05 AM
Dominae

Bikes: Trek Checkpoint; Cannondale Super X

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Are they actual road race geometry or just a generic coaster brake frame that happens to have drop bars tossed on them? that'll make a big difference in what you can actually come up with. If a road geometry then i suspect Schwinn is your only option since no one else makes a coaster brake road bike that I've ever heard of but you should be able to contact them to find out if they'll sell to you as well. If they're just a basic geometry then it should be easy to buy a coaster brake bike for cheap, same with bars and tape and put them together.
I don’t know the answer to that question but assume that because these bikes are custom made by Schwinn that the bikes probably have a “racier” geometry. Several companies make single speed coaster brake bikes with upright handlebars (Pure Bicycles is one such brand) and I had considered purchasing those and installing a drop bar. But, as you said, the geometry might be an issue. One the other hand, is a few degrees here or there in frame geometry really going to be a significant issue if the bikes are used for one 20 mile race per year?