View Single Post
Old 06-09-18, 01:25 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,392 Times in 3,676 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
I would put that bike on a pedestal in my living room and look at it, perhaps worship it. A Paramount road racer with the old style graphics and box lining is just nuts, especially in that color.

Got plans for it yet?

Anyone know what crank this would have had? I'd guess it came with a campy record 151, or perhaps Cinelli steel cottered? Kinda needs something cool.
I agree and have a couple of ideas. Also agree about this being nuts, I cannot find but one other one like this at all and that one is in the pic of another bike that they are talking about.

Venerable guru Bob Freeman says steel cottered Stronglight Competition. I have also seen that not too long before it the cranks were Schwinn, basically the same design stamped Paramount, Continental and World Sport?

I will be going with a standard 144 Campy for the time being, the bars are already changed to something a little more acceptable with the original levers. I have some other very correct bars and stem as well but for now the slider stem is staying as we are pretty sure it is original to this bike.

RD will be very correct and most everything else is already original save the saddle which is close enough for now, the post is Schwinn scripted and the clamp is Brooks with Whitworth hardware so I am pretty sure it is original as research indicates this came with a B17 but now has an 84 Pro.

Oh and yes it rides very nicely and I will ride it some.

Last edited by merziac; 06-09-18 at 01:33 AM.