View Single Post
Old 04-23-22, 10:16 PM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
Liked 2,010 Times in 1,109 Posts
I've read in a couple places that you can't make up for missed training so I cut my ride short to work on the Impact Pro. Picked up some MTB brake cables at REI for $6, and some shift housing at Safety Cycles for $6. 10m of brake cable housing arrived in the post and I used a little more than a meter for $5. My DIY treadless adapter set me back $9. With the adapter, I lost the front brake cable hanger so I kludged one that long ago lost its key and with a piece of rubber shim jammed in with a screwdriver without stabbing myself too badly for $5. I saw used on eBay Ritchey stems looking nicer than mine for $15 and used Oxford bars sell for $50. Both the stem and bars came from the parts bin. The saddle belongs in the trash (I use it to hammer stuck seat posts) $1.
$104 total so far with the initial 2 bikes for 20 bucks and I sold the Roadmaster for 30.

Crazy long front center. Maybe I'll flip the bars.

Cables need work. The bars look cool.

Kinda Diggin the Saddle.

Exage 300 LX is ok?

I like the front brake cable treatment.

I rode it around the block and at first the front end felt odd but I quickly got the hang of it. I think the Exage 300 LX is an ok group even though the the front derailleur is very clunky at the moment and hesitates to down shift. After Eroica, this Impact Pro will be my commuter and within a week I'll have my 100 miles.