Old 04-27-22, 07:55 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked 1,057 Times in 629 Posts
I've made a bit more progress than it may appear. Have serviced the rear hub, cleaning everything up quite a bit in the process and only had to swear at the circlip three times. I located the original seat post and pilfered the saddle and mounting bracket that was on the same purple Raleigh Sports that I nabbed the from wheel from. I cleaned the rust from the handlebar and stem (the grips still need an hour or so of Goo-Gonning), Mounted some 15-ish year old Swallow tires that I vaguely remember buying from Merv's for $4.99 each over recycled tubes and fitted things together.

Tomorrow is drive-train day - where I connect the chain, enable all three speeds and the coaster brake. I'm debating whether to attempt a front brake. I'm not sure the hole in the fork is wide enough, but I'll see. After that, it'll be a short journey down our gravel road and then hopefully putting the requisite miles on it.

I am going to have to fabricate attachments to secure the stays to the fenders and get them on it, as that will "Transform" Robin Hood into Bumblebee.