Old 08-27-22, 04:54 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked 394 Times in 258 Posts
Hey, why worry about what someone else spends on whatever.

They derive some sort of satisfaction or pleasure from purchasing said goods.

As you know, there are some folks that have incredible income and wealth that what may seem outrageous to ordinary folks that travel using commercial airlines(whether coach-business class or first class) and drive their own cars, rather than having a chaufeur, and a pilot to fly them wherever they wish, in anything from a humble King Air to a super-fly Gulfstream G-5. So yeah, if you're very successful in what you do, and on top of that, just more than a little bit lucky, you to could be in that very small fraternity of the beyond incredibly affluent, somebody fitting that example would be Dick Grasso. You say who? ...not related to the Kardashians, or an NBA star, or a famous rapper, country music star, or a rock star's name, or anybody from Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Tesla that you know of..
Apologies to Dick, as his name is just one that popped into my head for just a random example. There are hundreds and hundreds of other fine folks that have significant means like Mr. Grasso. Hey, they all aren't superstar famous like Kim K., LeBron, Tom Brady, John Travolta, George Clooney, Jay Leno, Garth Brooks, or Keith Richards.

Look at it this way that they are providing at least some tiny part of keeping the economy stimulated.

You can't take it with you.
Now having said that, my wife and I enjoy nice vacations, but we keep it realistic, so I think that renting Jagger's little place on Turks and Caicos, for $57,000 (us dollars) per night is out of the question for us. Hell, we look for airfare deals and book ahead accordingly at places like Holiday Inns, so there is no way in the world that we would be that extravagant.* (*) Now theoretically, if we were in that financial league, who the hell knows, as if its a drop in the bucket..........you can say all say that yeah, we wouldn't even if............but reality might be different, ....anyway it isn't something that I will ever need to ponder.

Don't worry about what or how much some of your pals spend money on.~ ... (~) Unless of course, you are the bankruptcy attorney and your pal is the client declaring bankruptcy,
Be happy for your pals that are prospering economically.
Remember though, that all the money in the world cannot buy good health. It certainly can help attain the best treatment and doctors available, but that is it.
All the money in the world cannot guarantee health or happiness.
Why waste time and energy worrying about what others waste their own money on. I'll bet that you have never gone down to any local city council/county commission meetings to voice your input on just how your city council/county commission is wasting your tax dollars. Oh hell no, everybody notices that Sally G. ....Robert's wife two houses down the street, got a new Blue RANGE ROVER or Mercedes, yet she teaches 3rd grade and Robert is a self employed CPA, and they have four kids aged 9 to age 17, .. (Neighbor TERESA says".oh you know Molly, I just don't know how they can afford that" (Neighbor MOLLY replies to Teresa: " oh yeah Terri, must be something we don't know about, as Janet tells me that Sally spends $95 every two weeks getting her hair done, and she tells me Sally must spend $2000 a month on clothes, not to mention her $375 shoes that she has so many pairs of.) The girls in neighborhood aren't necessarily the worst at doing this as you know the guys do it as bad or worse, just not as non-stop often. Hey, I am not pointing any fingers. My hearing is still at least minimally good enough to hear this type of gossip around here, and my guess is that no matter where you live, you have something similar if not so mindless and brainless chattering from spoiled folks with too much time on their hands, and a need to vet and/or judge and "approve of" what is happening. It is silly. I see that it fosters from the wine consumption sessions that the girls on the street have. I have used the term, girls, even though everybody is somewhere between 37 years old and 85 years old. Maybe stupidity like this is more prevalent with affluent Southerners who have never lived anywhere else. You see far less of this in areas like Hilton Head and Isle of Palms, where better educated, better raised, folks from elsewhere in the US have changed the landscape there for the better over the past 50 + years.

In a nutshell, don't worry too much about what all the other little nuts are doing. (yeah, if it concerns how your taxpayer dollars are squandered and pissed away, then you have a reason to voice your opinion at city council/county commission meetings, but nobody seems to care about that..............they only seem to get concerned about silly as hell things.) I'm just a dumbass, and certainly not one of the brightest bulbs on the christmas tree, but that is how my pea sized brain sees it.
Likes For Vintage Schwinn: