View Single Post
Old 11-06-22, 05:09 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,995 Posts
I read the article about his college class build way way back in Bicycling! Magazine.
I was impressed. But the article and the track bike that was shown in the article did not match well I thought. It had a steel chrome fork.

I got to ride an early bike after the Griffith Park Grand Prix in 1975. Now a full road bike.
When I got off, I declared THIS was the future of Criterium bikes. Was outrageously stiff but felt might be too harsh for a road race.

I was surprised a few years later when he was getting royalties for a patent as there were other "prior art" bikes out there. One was casually imaged in a Competitive Cycling newspaper article and a short comment of who made it.

History revealed later about that legal war regarding patents.
I did laugh when a friend much later had a top gun Klein MTB... how did they get to use that name? Especially with the Movie.
that as T got squashed later. My brother has one of those with the red/white/blue paint.
I think that model became the Rascal?

an interesting engineer, some good ideas, the Ground Control bar and stem combo, etc.

might have had a happier time if he had concentrated on design vs lawyer's offices.