View Single Post
Old 11-07-22, 06:50 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Skip the train. Park and ride, as in - drive to a parking lot and bike the rest of the way so as to make the bike leg manageable. I would also watch some YT's on urban cycling to help get used to riding in traffic, its easy once you figure out the tips and tricks and get over your fear of riding with a lot of cars around.

I used to lighten the load and would bring in clothing and shoes on a rainy day to leave at work, when I wasn't biking, this way I wasn't carrying a load and could use a lighter road bike. All I needed was lunch (on the morning leg) keys, wallet and phone.
Thanks for your reply! I've been riding the train off and on for years, a 30 mile commute prior to this job, and can't quit now! I think I need to stop complicating things and just stick to the plan of one bike at each leg of the journey but will definitely check out more urban riding vids. Some from NYC were amazing! I liked the "bike lane bounty" ones and see how it's an issue on my commute already in certain spots. Grumble grumble!