View Single Post
Old 12-27-20, 05:16 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
Old 7 and 8 speed triple systems were a pain to keep in tune. I was messing with it nearly every ride until I just got used to where it over shifts and under. When I needed to shift past then come back down. It was ok but not nearly as maintenance free as my newish 10 speed stuff. With modern 1x, it's become even better.

I hated my hydro's when I first got them. Total pita, I think I posted a rant here about them. Then I learned that all you need to do is make sure they're bled, push the pads out with a tire lever, and pump a few times once the wheel is back on. It's pretty amazing actually. Bleeding is a couple minutes every year or so, but I know some people go a lot longer than that.

I've never heard a bad thing about electric. Better in every way with the added ability to mix mountain bike and road groups. I just can't/don't want to afford it.

Tubeless is superior if you're riding a lot. I've got 5 bikes and I ride them all but sometimes not every month. If I am worried about sealant congealing on the bottom, I'll swap to tubes. When riding a bike a lot, it's well worth it to be tubeless. Probably even more if you you have fewer bikes.

Seems like the OP was a complaint about things he doesn't understand.
Likes For rosefarts: