Old 05-13-19, 09:58 AM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 413 Times in 246 Posts
Originally Posted by threeteas
Wow, these are all great anecdotes and some important information. Thank you! I think, for me, making friends with hunger is super, super important.
Also, my weight seems to have a "tipping point" and I could almost graph it, which really should be motivation enough for me. 180 - 194: I'm really pretty fast, depending how much I am able to train, am a pretty good masters rider in my area and can hang with regional heavy hitters. 195 - 205: Pretty fast on flat sections but really struggle on the short punchy climbs around here. 206 - 215: Can hang for short amounts of time when guys get really rolling, but inevitably get dropped even on small rollers. Immediately dropped on climbs of any significance at race or hard training pace. Those numbers pretty much exemplify my frustration (I'm still at 211 or so). Thanks everyone!
Sounds like you have it dialed in and know what you need to do. You just have to want to win more than you want to eat the next whatever it is you shouldn't eat. You can do it.

BB

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton