View Single Post
Old 11-13-21, 07:33 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 754 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I have occasionally used a frame bag about 3 inches thick. But I think the only people that would have trouble are those that think they are riding in a time trial and are trying to get more aero than the rest of us.

Total volume of those frame bags is not that high unless you get one that fills the whole triangle, and then you lose your water bottles so you then need some of that frame bag volume for water.

I am guessing my frame bag is about 5 liters, and I can keep a one liter bottle inside the triangle next to the bag. The bottle in the photo is not a full liter but I can put a full liter in that spot.
Thanks for the clarification. That is about what I thought, but I didn't have the personal experience to verify.

Given the smallish volume I never was too tempted with bags in the main triangle. I don't use a very large frame and like two large bottles in the main triange. So any bag in the triangle wouldn't hold much and would crowd the bottles. Add the fact that the bags tend to be expensive and that I never really was looking for that little bit of extra capacity and there was never a good reason for me to want one.

I can see why they might be a good fit for others who were looking for every bit of possible space without using racks or had some other reason to want to use that space.

I have considered a little tank bag for small items on top of the top tube.