Hybrid vigor climber.

Bikes: Caloi SuperCross 1993 and Caloi CityTour 2019

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by t2p
on the subject of frame alignment -

I had a couple early 90's Cannondale road bikes - including a R800 (with 2.8 frame)

One thing I noticed when riding the R800 was it was a challenge to ride with hands off the bars

A frame builder checked the frame - and both frame and fork were bad / not aligned
about this:

I'm a perfectionist, maybe I have ocd.
I found that by taking pictures of this rear angle of the bikes it is possible to analyze the frame alignment without the help of a professional. Using this technique, I collect photos of bikes out of alignment. The Sense Activ 2021 above was not fully aligned, I sent it in for warranty and they sent me an equally crooked one, I gave up on the model and sold it, but I had a 2020, with old geometry, identifiable because it was matte black, and it was good, but it was stolen from me (Brazil). If you want, I'll post pictures of new bikes with bad alignment, I have some. Unfortunately I lost the photo of the Gary Fisher Marlin 1994 cromoly with a slightly crooked headtube, but I have other examples (maybe this photo is in the backup of the old cell phone at my in-laws house). It's also sold. The only problem with this technique of detection through photos is that, depending on the background of the photo, it is difficult to come to a conclusion, the ideal is a light background. Sometimes I buy the bike and I can only be sure at home, but I always try to find out at the time of purchase if the alignment is good using my cell phone.

PS: even crooked, it's possible to pilot without hands without realizing it, to affect that, it has to be a serious case

I spun the wheel, changed the tires, checked the spoke alignment, and the result is always the same. When this happens, even changing the fit of the axis in the frame, a perfect result is impossible. And that way I don't like it.

now a 15” city tour 2021 crooked

Last edited by Dragum; 05-19-22 at 04:34 AM.