Dragum
Hybrid vigor climber.

Bikes: Caloi SuperCross 1993 and Caloi CityTour 2019

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
A tire that's slightly off-center with the seat post doesn't necessarily mean the frame is tweaked or out of alignment. It may just mean that the dish of the wheel does not perfectly center the rim and tire in that specific frame, and some tweaking of the dish (with spoke tension) is required. This is not all that uncommon. I think it's fair to say that there's much more to frame alignment than rear tire alignment and I'd even say that some clever dishing of the rear wheel could hide true alignment issues with the frame.
"I spun the wheel, changed the tires, checked the spoke alignment, and the result is always the same. When this happens, even changing the fit of the axis in the frame, a perfect result is impossible. And that way I don't like it."

I spend money and time, in these two cases mentioned above, nothing worked: the center the rim and tire was verified with professional tool, the tire was changed to confirm, if was possible take the perfect photo, i would make. In my opinion, is hard to find a perfect frame than we think, here in Brazil at least.

I take more than 200 photos by bike, i try anythink. Some bikes is easy, some bikes is impossible to find the alignment, for me, its results in a good conclusion about the alignment of the frame.

Last edited by Dragum; 05-19-22 at 10:09 AM.