Dragum
Hybrid vigor climber.

Bikes: Caloi SuperCross 1993 and Caloi CityTour 2019

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
I guess it would help to understand what your goal is.
check the complete alignment of the frameset, when the wheel is fully aligned using that tool you sited (the mechanic of the store uses parktool)
Are you looking to have the tire/rim perfectly aligned with the seat post, as you look at the bike from behind?
Check the aligned of the seatstay (and seat post); the aligned of the fork too, and the aligned of the headtube. All the aligned of the frameset and wheel, when the wheel are perfect centred with the professionals tools.

Based on the photos you've posted so far, that seems to be your measure of perfect alignment, so I'll presume this is your goal.
In the City Tour 17" (whith yellow details) are perfect. In the Caloi SuperCross too, perfectly aligned. BUT in the Sense Activ and in the Caloi City Tour 15" - the last one -, aren't aligned. And is impossible take a aligned photo in this frames, like i said i try a lot and is impossible.
If the tire/rim is currently aligned to the left of the seat post, then you would need to adjust the spokes to move the rim to the right.
If i do that, the wheel don't be aligned in the parktool tool.
That is, tighten the drive side spoke nipples and/or loosen the non-drive side spoke nipples. It's not difficult to do, but it's also possible to really mess up how true the wheel spins, so some care must be used. You said you checked the spoke alignment, but I don't understand quite what that means. You (or a bike shop) should be able to change the dish of a wheel by a moderate amount by using spoke tension alone. Park Tool has a great video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqeEBih8kx0
When I say that I have checked the alignment of the spokes, I mean that a professional has centered the wheel, using a professional tool (parktool), and that, with the wheel centered, the tension of the spokes has been adjusted and is adequate. Even so, the wheel does not align with the rest of the frame. If I try to compensate for the wheel misalignment with the frame, the wheel doesn't be ok in the parktool tool. And even trying to compensate, it's not perfect, because the problem is in the alignment of the frame, really. If looks ok after compensate, but the wheel dont't be aligned in the parktool tool, I dont like, because wasn't realy ok.

Last edited by Dragum; 05-19-22 at 05:37 PM.