View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 04:27 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I'm pretty sure a Porsche 911 Turbo towing a travel trailer will still be faster than an AMG E63 wagon towing a travel trailer.
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
The highest torque output for the 911 is 590 foot pounds, that's quite a bit. The MBZ has the same at 590. The MBZ puts out 603 horses, while the Porsche puts out 640 hp. So based on those two bits of facts the edge goes to Porsche but barely. However, there is more to the equation, such as gearing, if one of those cars has a lower gear ratio that car would probably win, but barely.

Having said that there is one major issue that supersedes the torque and horsepower rating, it's called towing capacity. The max towing capacity that a Porsche can tow is ZERO weight; the max towing capacity of the MBZ is 4,629 pounds.

In this race the MBZ wins by a landslide.
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
If you had an AMG E63 wagon, then you probably won't be needing to tow a travel trailer with a 911 Turbo. (I wanted to make a comment about how a Chevy Suburban 7400/8100 would probably be able to tow both German conveyances and the trailer, but I already wasted that one on another thread involving a Prius.)
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
But you can't tow with a 911, the factory said the towing limit is ZERO.
Originally Posted by sjanzeir
Ummm... my point exactly??! That's why God created the high displacement, low revving V8!
Sort of rude guys...if you want to discuss cars and nonsense maybe find a room someplace..else.
Likes For fishboat: