Old 10-16-22, 05:08 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
Yes, indeed, CC-touring. This was me across the ROK. 4.6kg including rack and bags. That plus smartphone used to take these pics and a 2L bottle of water
Interesting setup. I have always wondered about how it would be credit card touring, but have never taken the plunge. The folding bike in an interesting twist on it. I find my folder's tall masts to be too flexible for pleasant riding and I have never really been able to set up a comfortable setup for long distance riding on it. Your bike looks like it is a better setup than mine.

I manage to carry about the same weight with my lightest camping and cooking setup, but more often carry another kg or a bit more for cooking and camping. I figure that for credit card camping I might carry more off bike clothing and possibly a chromebook. So I could see carrying as much weight or maybe even slightly more for credit card touring depending on what I expect the trip to be like. On the other hand I could imagine taking as little as possible (toothbrush, clothes on back, credit card kind of thing). That would be a different kind of trip though.

What was your trip like? Did you do long riding days or do a lot of off bike stuff?