View Single Post
Old 01-16-23, 08:28 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4352 Post(s)
Liked 3,990 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Whiskey may be lower in calories but the alcohol content is way too high, I never liked hard liquor...I don't worry about extra calories, never been overweight yet. Beer has low alcohol content and most of the calories are from carbs, it's almost like liquid bread.
Not quite a beer and a shot of whisky is about the same content wise 1.5 oz to say a 12 oz beer they generally equal out to about 0.6 oz of alcohol. It is possible I might pour a little more whisky in glass to enjoy but generally probably not much more than say 2-3oz worth (which is typically around 2oz if enjoying neat or on the rocks and 3oz for a double) vs three beers and if you aren't doing it as much it is slightly better. 3 beers a day is quite a bit it is more alcohol then total liquid in a shot and I don't know that anyone's system really needs that.

Beer bread however is quite delicious, Trader Joes had some mix that was quite good and I made it and nearly ate the whole thing in day but I stopped myself luckily in that scenario you aren't getting much if any alcohol in the system and mostly just the flavor which is fine by me.

The calories for some can be an issue but it is more the alcohol to be concerned with.