Thread: Good news
View Single Post
Old 02-05-23, 06:13 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
Backcountry skiing is at least as good as mountain biking. Let it snow.
Yes .... but where I live, there is no skiing .... but yes. Awesome sport.

I owe full congratulations to Mr. Rydabent for a new and positive post. After all the ribbing I have given him, it is only fair that I publicly applaud his achievements (no sarcasm intended.)

People who live in Oz (Australia) or Oz (the magical land of yellow-bricked roads, like me) have different takes on things. This is prime riding weather .... so I am thrilled to be laid up with a lung infection, again.

For all the cold-state posters .... I did that for decades, and even if you like winter sports .... I don't think anyone really likes Winter, per se, and I know the anticipation of that first day when the roads are safe for riding.

And, Mr. Rydabent ... i still don't own a tadpole (or a toad, ....) because traffic is getting worse out where I live. Maybe someday I will move to a place with as many miles of flat MUP as you have, but without winter. Guarantee the first thing I buy (after a new home) is a new tadpole .....

I did a spin-cycle thing for a while at the local gym, and actually liked it until they changed the music to all trash techno (not saying all techno is trash, but there is that genre ....) I have tried setting up my trainer with my laptop in the garage but it just wasn't the same. However I have seen some awesome indoor training set-ups .... big screen, TdF tape or one of those Get Zwifty programs ..... I tried on at the gym and I can attest that seeing the ghost of your best ride out ahead of you is motivating and takes away the fact that you aren't actually going anywhere.

Pedal on, folks, indoors or out. Even on tricycles.