Random11

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Diverge, 2021 Cervelo Caledonia

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
It you want an interesting ride, go around Lake Okeechobee.... J
I think the ride around Lake Okeechobee is largely unpaved, and is about 120 miles around. I've never been on it, but my cycling son has and that's what he reported. I don't know a lot of paved trails around Florida, but some I've ridden and enjoyed are:

Suncoast trail north of Tampa. It parallels a limited access highway, but the trail is separated from traffic and is not right next to the highway except in a few places. It's about 55 miles so would make a good century if you went out and back for the whole distance.

St. Marks trail south of Tallahassee. It's 16 miles and parallels a lightly traveled road. It ends in a nice small park on a river. I'll ride down 16 miles, take a sandwich to eat at the park, and ride the 16 miles back.

St. Augustine to Palatka trail. About 19 miles one way, with some pretty areas and while it parallels a road, it's not really near the road.

I'm sure there are other possibilities. I haven't looked for them. I've just cycled these trails when I have happened to be in the area. All three are fully paved. If you're interested, I could fill in more details about any of them, as I've done them all several times.