Old 06-29-21, 07:23 AM
MtlClimb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
hydrocarbon that speed wobble story sounds intense. Was the front-end loaded at the time? I can see those wobbles would appear if there wasn't any weight and going at high speeds. Thank you for that tip for the tire pressure. Since the Load is pretty much sold out everywhere over here, I'm kind of piecing together ride experience from many different people, including yourself. In fact, I have never seen a Load here on the roads in Montreal (lots of GSDs and RadPower cargos but no Load). That tire pressure tip is one of those things I can see myself setting right up at the beginning. There are a few things on my mind like swapping out the Aurigas later on, maybe after the first 6 months. I will likely hit you up with some advice on that in the springtime next year since you have a lot of experience with other braking options.

For GPS options, since its release I've put an Apple AirTag hidden on my Vektron and my Diverge. It's not GPS but with the abundance of iOS devices out there, it pretty much feels like it, especially in the city. I have parked my bike blocks from a pub and check on it with my phone. It gives me a pretty accurate reading and has lots of other cool tricks done in software. They are quite affordable too and I can see the software will just keep improving.

Looking forward to the Rohloff as it'll be my first time with an internally geared hub. I think for me the IGH Rohloff with the belt drive + GX tires is in my mind the perfect Montreal year-round setup since it'll reduce the amount of maintenance I'd have to do on the bike. I'll keep riding my Diverge as well over the winter so that's already one chain I'll need to clean and maintain!
Likes For MtlClimb: