View Single Post
Old 12-12-22, 07:11 AM
rivers

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 82 Posts
But to stay on topic, the total weight of my bike + gear was just shy of 20kgs. Bike is an Orro Terra C running 40mm Hutchinson Touaregs and weighs 8.5kgs. Gear weighed in at just over 11kgs. Drive train is a "double mullet"- 105 brifters, brakes,and front derailleur (was originally full 105), with a 46/30 chainset, a deore 6100 rear derailleur with a jtek shiftmate to make it play nicely with the shifters (similar to a wolf tooth tanpan), and an 11-42 cassette for a gear range of 19"-115".
Saddlebag (15 litre topeak backloader)- Tent, cooking supplies, thermal baselayer, down jacket, and spare kit (all clothes were in a separate, compressible dry bag). Coffee bags and spare hydration sachets were also in there.
Frame bag (custom made, approximately 3.5 litres in size)- 3 litre hydration bladder (apidura frame bag specific), spare tubes, and any small bits of food I could cram in there.
Alpkit Deluge handlebar bag (13 litres fill capacity, approximately 8 litres useable due to handlebar width): sleeping bag, mat, inflatable pillow, charging cables, head torch, power bank, food/snacks. Tent poles strapped to front.
Alpkit Roo Pouch accessory bag- gilet, hat, arm/leg warmers, smaller powerbank and charging cable, snacks, other bits I needed easy/quick access to.
Tools in bottle cage tool case under downtube.
phone, snacks, hydration sachets in pockets.
Hip pack with a water filter, first aid kit, and a few other small bits in it.
In the future, I would probably get rid of arm/leg warmers (we were in the middle of a heat wave), pair of spare over shorts (I could have just worn the same pair the entire trip. I had spare bibs). And most likely a few other small bits. I may also take my hooped bivvy as opposed to one man tent. I'm sure I can probably lose another kilo to 2 kgs by re-evaluating my kit list.