Old 06-22-21, 12:15 PM
vane171

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 48 Posts
OK, I didn't think of that, of prescription glasses that is. However, don't these guys wear contact lenses if they need vision correction?

Not sure that glasses wouldn't fall off wherever you got them, that fall was quite a fall, into a ditch over the bars (so called 'catching a tiger' jump) is my vague recall of it.

There is quite legitimate glasses use, like in my case, in around August/September time, the region I ride my bike in is partly a farming land and you get those small flies around that get everywhere including your eyes (where they cause itch). I ride in light cotton shorts and these flies get caught on them and get squashed in cloth folds and it is a mess, much better to ride dressed in black during those times. If you ride close to 200km in a pro race that takes you through all kinds of land, I can see why you might need those glasses that are almost like goggles to protect against flies and such like. And high in mountains against too bright light. I doubt you really need polarizing function as much as you need for those two factors I mention here.

Last edited by vane171; 06-22-21 at 12:20 PM.