View Single Post
Old 07-11-20, 01:51 PM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Dropper seat post

I recently spent a long dollar on a Biktrix Juggernaut fat tire mid-drive. I'd been a roadie since 1972 and own a fleet of bikes, but in the last 5 years I had hardly ridden, and I'm 68. So the ebike was/is a way to rekindle the flame. Got it, assembled it, set the saddle to pedal height to my usual, and found I'm now too inflexible and out of shape to throw my leg over the way I used to. Leaning this 80 pound beast very much was also dicey.

Solution for me was a $100 externally wired dropper seat post. Hit the trigger just before I stop and I'm flat-footed, and the first revolution of the pedals I'm at full extension again. And after dropping $3500 on this 1000 watt play toy, what's another $100? Works for me!
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike
Likes For Onegun: