canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
The signal with right arm extended for a right turn has ben in the UVC for over several decades. I have found it in the vehicle code or laws that govern the use in all states that I have lived in. I was confronted by an indigent deputy in Florida and told to do it the car way. He showed me his cheat sheet and the part which says a bicyclist may extend the right arm out was was missing from it. It took his supervisor and nearly an hour and a half for him to shut up and let me and my 10 year old son leave the seen of the crime.
After decades of driving across most of the US, and bicycling in a few states, I'm no longer surprised by the annoying and sometimes dangerous combination of ignorance and enthusiasm with some young and/or new cops.

Several years ago while delivering a Mercedes between one dealership and another (we just drove the cars when we didn't have enough to load on a trailer) I had to drive through New Mexico. A young highway patrolman stopped me because he didn't know what dealer tags were. Took about 15 minutes on the radio to get clarification so I could go.